Friday, July 3, 2009

I Will Try

I've been doing some housecleaning today and came across a random stack of papers on a bookshelf. Within the stack, I found sheet music, the script from a play I was in my junior year of high school...and pages and pages of poetry--including one written on a napkin! (It's so me!) I was saving them all onto my computer and thought to share one here. Most of my old work is a little rough and needs some cleaning up...this one is completely raw, though, written about an old boyfriend...though I couldn't say which one. ;-)

I’m not demanding that you stay with me…
And I’m not telling you how your life should be.
I’m just promising if you should ever need me—
Just close your eyes, there I’ll be.
I’m not swearing you my undying love.
I’ve done that countless times in the stars above…
Now, I’m not saying that if you leave me, I’ll die.
But I won’t promise you that I won’t cry.
And maybe I won’t love you when forever’s gone by…
But I swear to you, I will try.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your poetry, Mia! It's awe inspiring!

    ReplyDelete