Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tears that Fall...

This is the epitome of random poetry. I often have flashes of inspiration and grab a notebook, a napkin, any random piece of paper and just start writing. I frequently find scraps in my purse with a line or two scribbled on it. I wrote this one about three years ago...I was writing in a notebook and wrote this on the back of one of the pages. The words just poured out, and when I thought I was done, I turned them around and changed the meaning of the poem completely. It's one of my favorites.

Tears that fall that hath no reason
Change did come before the season
Love I thought I knew I wanted
Dreams I had that now are haunted
Wishes thought to be unspoken
Self made promises were broken
Life imagined now lies shattered
Life that happened never mattered
Only silent words are true
Though no lie was told to you
So for granted was a chance
That I should never know romance
But for granted my romance
That I did try to take that chance
Lies never shall ring true
Therefore silent words must do
Life that happened now lies shattered
Life imagined never mattered
Promises that once were spoken
Now in pieces they lie broken
Love that shall forever haunt
Dreams of such will never want
Change did come but for no reason
And now tearful is the season

No comments:

Post a Comment