Monday, June 8, 2009

He Brought my Mama Flowers...

Growing up, I never had the best relationship with my stepfather. I always felt that my mom was looking the other way...now that I'm older (and wiser) I understand the position she was in. It doesn't make it hurt any less, though.


He came between me and my mama, but so quietly that she never knew.
She smiled and called us a family,and when he smiled, I smiled too.

She never saw the tears in my eyes,
or the pain in my heart; and she saw through his lies.

She'd never have guessed that I cried for so many hours...
Because he brought my mama flowers.

He brought me lessons that should not be learned.
Stories that should not be heard.


He taught me violence, brought me tears.
He bought her silence, brought me fears.


And he brought me many painful, lonely hours.

But he brought my mama flowers.

1 comment:

  1. I like this one. I should take the time (what else do I have now) to put up some of the stuff I wrote a long time ago and maybe challenge myself to write more. With what's going on, I might just be able to do it now... Did I say I like this one? Cuz I do. A lot.

    ReplyDelete